Monday, April 18, 2011

Max on Life by Max Lucado


When you consider that Max Lucado has over 100 million products in print and that he is one of the most beloved Christian authors of our day, it is not surprising that he is sought out for answers to many of life's difficult questions. Finally, Max has turned those questions and the answers he shares into his latest book. Max on Life contains the answers to over 150 questions that have been posed to Max Lucado over the years. The answers found within the pages show that Max Lucado is a man who has gained a great deal of wisdom through study and prayer. The book is divided into seven sections: hope, hurt, help, him/her, home, have/have-nots, and hereafter. Max on Life is written in that gentle writing style that is so characteristic of the author. It is as if you are sitting down for a cup of coffee with Max Lucado and spending the afternoon "picking his brain".

I found this book to be an excellent read. I also think it will prove to be an great "go-to" book when trying to find the answers or trying to find words to encourage those in need. The book contains both a topical and a scriptural index, which make the book a nice resource for such times. A bonus to the book is a section with Max's advice about writing and publishing. As someone who would love to someday step into those waters, it was nice to hear from someone who has swam the channel quite successfully. I hope you will give Max on Life a try. I am glad I did.

Thanks to Book Sneeze for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments: