Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stained Glass Hearts by Patsy Clairmont

Stained Glass Hearts is the newest book from one of my favorite Christian authors, Patsy Clairmont.  Patsy has always been one of my favorites!  I went to hear her speak at a church earlier this year.  I spent most of the day between fits of laughter and buckets of tears!  She has long been a favorite of Women of Faith attendees.  I have always felt a connection to Patsy.  That connection has deepened after reading Stained Glass Hearts.  This book is a mixture of devotional readings, art lessons, literature suggestions, and music appreciation.  Patsy has paired each chapter with songs, literature and music suggestions.  These suggestions especially appealed to my creative side and enhanced my reading and understanding of the chapters.  Being a stained glass artist also made this book quite appealing to me.  The subtitle of the book is seeing life from a broken perspective.  Patsy uses each chapter in this book to help us understand that while God didn’t intend for us to be “broken”, He does want to use it.  We must be ready and willing to be mended and molded by a father who loves his children.  In the book, Patsy uses a quote from Maya Angelou which states, “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.”  This book doesn’t have all of the answers, but it, like the song the bird sings can be enjoyed and can spur us on to a closer walk with the mender of stained glass lives.

No comments: